Directions for cleaning the surface
Cleaning the metal surface of your weapon with sweetshooter is CRITICAL!
You will be surprised by how easy it is!
Prepare the surface:
Remove grips or stock.
Dip your brush into Sweetshooter™ and scrub the outside vigorously.
Repeat several times until the weapon is thoroughly clean.
Now the gun is ready to TREAT!
Wet the surface of the gun with Sweetshooter™ and let it dry COMPLETELY.
Don't wet again while it's still wet or it will be as though it's the first application.
In order to hasten the drying time, use a hand held dryer for 1 hour. *But be careful because the metal will get too hot to handle.
After drying thoroughly:
Wet the metal again and repeat the drying process.
( This is the second application. )
Now do it a third time.
A Fourth time.
And then a Fifth and Final time.
You spend lots of money for your weapon and bought Sweetshooter™, so be sure to apply it correctly.
**This initial process has to be done only the FIRST time. Afterwards use a patch dipped in Sweetshooter for general cleanup.
Directions for cleaning and treating the barrel
The barrel gets the most stress. Therefore, treating it deep down into the pore structure will ensure greater performance as well as greater protection.
Cleaning the barrel:
(This is important, don't cheat!)
Treating the barrel:
- Dip your stainless steel bore brush in Sweetshooter and run it into the barrel and scrub 8 times.
- Dip brush again and scrub 8 times.
- Dip brush again and scrub 8 times.
- Dip brush again for the 4th and final time and scrub 8 times.
- Using the same caliber stainless steel bore brush, wet the bore with Sweetshooter™.
- Fire a round. Then re-wet and fire again. Repeat this process at least 20 times. Be sure to wet between each round. The projectile will push the Sweetshooter down into the pores of the metal and pack it until they are full. A micro-thin film is formed inside the barrel reducing friction to a minimum causing greater accuracy, distance and velocity.
- Having properly treated your weapon, all you have to do, next time you fire it, wet a patch with Sweetshooter™, swab the barrel three or four times, then wipe down the outside with the same wet patch. Now you are ready to store it!
Sweetshooter™ TIP: If you want to put oil on your weapon, go ahead. It won't hurt anything. As you are just putting oil on the Sweetshooter film. However, oil will attract dirt, grime and grit.
Don't forget to treat your KNIVES, Fishing tackle and tools, too!
Other Weapons, Tools and Tackle
Knives: Go through the same cleaning process. Wet the blade FIVE times with Sweetshooter™, drying thoroughly between each application. No need to worry when carbon steel knives are exposed to blood anymore. The blood will no longer corrode the blade.
Fishing: Wet your reel with Sweetshooter™ and cast. Repeat 20 times to build the film. Feel the difference! Reduces snagging, inhibits corrosion and increases distance. You may also want to treat the pole eyes and even the fishing line.
Treating your Vehicle
Instructions for use in an automobile
- Remove the spark plug from the cylinder.
- Add two ounces of Tecrolan liquid in each spark plug hole. With diesel engines, remove injector nozzles and add 2 ounces of Tecrolan liquid to each cylinder.
- Locate the harmonic balancer on the front of the engine block. On the harmonic balancer you will find a nut that holds the harmonic balancer on the end of the crankshaft. Place a socket with a brake over bar on the nut of the harmonic balancer you will be able to move the crankshaft about 1/4 of an inch back and forth. The object is to try to move the piston inside the rings so that the Tecrolan liquid will be able to penetrate between the piston and rings and dissolve the accumulated varnish. Repeat this back and forth motion for 10 minutes.
- Let the engine sit for two hours then repeat the rocking back and forth motion for another 10 minutes.
- Repeat the rocking every 2 hours over the next 24 hours. Additional Tecrolan liquid may have to be introduced into the cylinders after 12 hours.
NOTE: The dirt, grime and grit is DISSOLVED, so it will not plug up any oil galleries.
Now the rings can pop back against the cylinder walls and have full-face contact. In essence this gives you like-new performance, like-new oil consumption, and like-new compression.
At this point we need to pull the coil wire and with the ignition switch turn the engine over 5 times. This will clear the engine of any excess Tecrolan liquid.
Take 32 ounce can of Tecrolan liquid and pour 4 ounces into a FULL tack of fuel (before starting the engine) so that the top end gets treated, i.e.; throats to the intake manifold, head, intake valves, intake valve seats, intake valve stems, exhaust valves, seats and stems, the dome of the cylinder head, the top of the piston, top of the cylinder wall and the top side of the top ring. Start the engine and immediately pour 28 ounces (standard engine size) into the oil filler opening. It will begin to circulate throughout the system dissolving the carbon, sludge, varnish, etc. that has collected in pore structure before it begins to evaporate. Drive for one hour without shutting the engine off. This will be enough time for the cleaning complex to di its job and evaporate. The load on the engine being driven as opposed to idling, will begin the process of burnishing the film into the pore structure of the metal. Over the next 1600 miles the resin gets burnished into the metal until it can take no more.
If you take the car into a shop and pull the engine down at this time it would look like a new engine because it is so clean. Much more economical than an overhaul.
Tecrolan is effective in every instance except where excessive wear has been sustained or where there are broken rings.
Treating your Motorcycle
Add 2oz to regular oil/fuel misture(FULL tank) and run engine unitl tank is nearly dry. Repeat if necessary until metal is treated.
Add 2oz per galloon to FULL tank plus 6-8oz in crankcase depending on C.C. Run engine for a minimum of 60 minutes.
125cc requires1oz in fuel, 4oz in crankcase.
125-750cc requires 2oz in fuel, 6oz in crankcase.
650-1500cc requires 4oz in fuel, 12oz in crankcase.
NOTE: Tecrolan added to fuel requires a full tank.
NOTE: Tecrolan added to crankcase requires fresh oil, engine cool and then running for at least 1 hour after adding Tecrolan is added to the crankcase.
Without disassembling the engine do the following:
- Remove the engine cowling. Remove the top spark plug from the cylinder. Make sure the mag switch of OFF.
- Having removed the spark plug, you can look right into spark plug hole. Rotate the prop to move the piston to just before Top Dead Center but not to Top Dead Center. At this point do NOT rotate the prop any further.
- From the large can pour Tecrolan through a funnel into the spark plug opening until the chamber is as full as possible. The Tecrolan will penetrate the ring groove and dissolve the carbon and varnsh deposits. Screw the spark plug back in. The prop should be moved back and forth 1/4 inch very slightly for 5 minutes, let it sit for about 20 minutes. Repeat this back and forth motion every 20 minutes for the next 2 hours. This will penetrate and dissolve the varnish accumulated between the piston and rings. To check the sticking ring refill the area between to create a hydraulic lock. If you hear a hissing sound the rings are still by passing and you should repeat the process.
- Remove the bottom spark plug and retrieve the Tecrolan from that cylinder using a funnel. The Tecrolan you just retrieved shall be put into the next cylinder after TDC has been achieved.
- Repeat the procedure on each piston. When you are finished re-install the spark plugs.
- From the 8 oz can put 4 oz in each FULL wing tank and the remainder of product from the 32 oz can (which should be about 28 oz) into the crankcase in fresh oil. Don't change the oil until your regularly scheduled but change your filter or clean your screen at 16 hours. Do touch and goes for an hour and a half.
Now the rings can pop back out against the cylinder walls and have full-face contact. In essence this gives you like-new performance, like-new oil consumption, and like-new compression.
If you take the plane into a shop and pull the engine down at this time it would look like a new engine because it is so clean. Much more economical than an overhaul. Tecrolan is effective in every instance except where excessive wear has been sustained or where there are broken rings.
How do I Know Which Cylinder has a Sticking Ring?
Do steps 1, 2, and 3. With the Tecrolan in the cylinder the prop will lock up because you cannot compress the liquid that is in there. If the prop does NOT lock you will hear a "hissing" sound which is the fuel passing the rings. This cylinder has sticking rings!
NOTE: This procedure will also disslove deposits on falve faces and seats and in all but the most severe valve problem cases (burnt valves or broken rings) will make the engine run much more smooothly.